Levy concession for a foreign domestic worker

Peanut Job
Oct 29, 2020 · 1493 read

Levy concession for a foreign domestic worker

Levy concession is part of the package to support Singaporeans needing care. As a foreign domestic worker (FDW) employer, you can get a concessionary rate of $60 per month if you meet the qualifying criteria.

Who can qualify

As an FDW employer, you can qualify for levy concession if you live with any of the following eligible person who is a Singapore citizen:

—Young child below 16 years old.

—Elderly person who is at least 67 years old.

—Person with disabilities (PWD) – Must be certified by Singapore-registered doctor to require help with at least 1 activity of daily living (ADL), such as showering, feeding, dressing or toileting.

The levy concession for 1 FDW is granted based on 1 eligible person in the household. It is capped at 2 FDWs per household.

The levy concession qualification is related to the identity of the person who needs to be taken care of, not the person who apply for FDW.

For example,

Kerry is a Singapore citizen, and her husband Tom is a PR, they have a 5 years old kid who is also a Singapore citizen. The family can also enjoy levy concession even Tom is the one who applies for FDW.

And in this case, if the 5 years old kid is a PR instead of Singapore citizen, even Kerry applies for the FDW, they cannot enjoy the levy concession.

Auto levy concession for yourself, spouse or child

You do not need to apply for levy concession if:

—You or your spouse is at least 67 years old.

—Your child is below 16 years old.

It will automatically start:

—When you or your spouse turn 67 years old.

—On your child’s date of birth if your child is registered as a Singapore citizen at birth.

—On the date your child was granted Singapore citizenship.

Apply for levy concession

You need to apply for levy concession if the eligible person is one of the persons listed in the table below. The processing time is 4 weeks.

The levy concession will start from the date of approval.

1,Family member or relative

2, Other person needing caregiver assistance from FDW

3, PWD(Person with disabilities)

If you or your spouse is a Singapore citizen, you can also enjoy levy concession if your parent, parent-in-law, grandparent or grandparent-in-law is a Singapore permanent resident, at least 67 years old and stays with you. You can apply online

Home Caregiving Grant

If you hire an FDW to take care of a family member who needs permanent assistance with 3 or more ADLs, you may qualify for the Home Caregiving Grant, a monthly grant of $200.